Mini Lemon Flower Tarts

Posted in Dessert, Food
on March 20, 2017

Happy First Day of Spring! Yes, today is officially the first day of Spring! We’re more than ready for the beautiful weather and blooming flowers that Spring brings! With thoughts of Spring picnics, Easter brunch and outdoor tea parties dancing in our heads, we’ve baked up these adorable Mini Lemon Flower Tarts!

These two-ingredient mini lemon tarts are super simple and make a stunning presentation for any Spring gathering. We’re loving them for Easter brunch but they would even be great for a baby or wedding shower too.

Ingredients:

• 1 box Ready-to-Bake roll-out pie crusts
  • 1 can lemon creme (We used a can of Duncan Hines lemon creme found in the baking section)
  • powdered sugar, optional

Supplies:

Directions:

1. Set your pie crust out to become room temperature. Preheat your oven to 450F.
  2. Once your dough is room temp, roll it out and cut flower shapes out of it with this flower cookie cutter. 1 pie crust makes about 7 flowers, plan accordingly.
  3. Tuck each pie flower down into the mini cupcake pan, being sure to press them down into the bottom well and gently fold the petals back around the top of the cupcake pan.
  4. Give the bottom and sides a few pokes with a fork.
  5. Bake for 5-6 minutes. 5 minutes was the sweet spot for me but your oven might be slightly different.
  6. Gently remove the flowers and let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
  7. Spoon the lemon creme into a plastic baggie and cut the tip off. Pipe the lemon creme into the centers of the mini flowers.
  8. Refrigerate for a few hours or until ready to serve.
  9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired before serving. I tilted my flowers so that the powdered sugar on got on the petals and not the pretty yellow filling.

These mini lemon tarts are almost too cute to eat! Enjoy!

Find more Easter inspiration!

Six Easter Basket Goodies Guides

Floral Bunny Headband

Land Of Nod Easter Collection

14 Comments

• Susan Winters

Great idea! I can’t wait to try these!

March 21, 2017 at 1:22 am Reply
  • Fee | One of Each

These just look so so cute! They would make the absolute perfect Mother’s Day prezzie wouldn’t they! #littlemakes

March 22, 2017 at 4:49 am Reply
  • Sonia Cave

These are so pretty. we will be giving them a go! #littlemakes

March 25, 2017 at 1:30 pm Reply
  • Delicious Dishes Recipe Party - Bunny's Warm Oven

[…] – Mini Lemon Flower Tarts… from Kid and […]

March 28, 2017 at 10:00 am Reply
  • Theresa

These look really tasty! They remind me of spring.

March 28, 2017 at 8:20 pm Reply
  • Delicious Dishes Recipe Party - Easter and Spring Recipes

[…] Bunny Butt Cupcakes from My Thoughts Ideas and Ramblings #2 Mini Lemon Flower Tarts from Kid and Kin #3 12 Fun and Delicious Easter Treats from Rose […]

March 29, 2017 at 5:58 am Reply
  • Delicious Dishes Party: Favorite Spring Recipes - SheSaved®

[…] received the Most Clicks: #1  Bunny Butt Cupcakes from My Thoughts and Ramblings #2 Mini Lemon Flower Tarts from Kid and Kin Blog #3 Easter Treats from Rose Bakes Here are the Recipes that your […]

March 29, 2017 at 6:12 am Reply
  • jemma

Oh these are so beautiful! How gorgeous! I’m off to pin them for later – I hope I can make something as delicate #littlemakes

March 30, 2017 at 9:11 am Reply
  • Modish Taste | Mini Lemon Flower Tarts

[…] Happy First Day of Spring! Yes, today is officially the first day of Spring! We’re more than ready for the beautiful weather and blooming flowers that Spring brings! With thoughts of Spring picnics, […]

March 30, 2017 at 2:07 pm Reply
  • Jodi

Totally cute! A couple of questions though.

1) what was the dimension of the cookie cutter you used?
    2) I am assuming you bought the lemon cream/curd? If so which brand? If not, what recipe?

Thanks!
    Jodi

April 2, 2017 at 8:45 pm Reply
    • Catherine Murton

Hi Jodi! We used a 4 inch cookie cutter (linked above). The filling is Duncan Hines brand as mentioned in ingredients. We hope you enjoy these pretty little treats!

April 9, 2017 at 5:22 pm Reply
  • DIY Floral Bunny Headband

[…] Six Easter Basket Goodie Guides […]

April 3, 2017 at 4:08 pm Reply
  • Diana

Hey, those lemon tarts are so cute! I was wondering what other filling would go nice instead of the lemon since Iam not a big fan, some tips would be helpful thanks!

April 20, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reply
    • Catherine Murton

You could always create these with other creme fillings. I think my store had Key Lime and Blueberry if I remember correctly. Also, you could make a chocolate mousse or vanilla filling. Whipped cream and diced fresh fruit would be pretty!

April 20, 2017 at 8:27 pm Reply