Happy First Day of Spring! Yes, today is officially the first day of Spring! We’re more than ready for the beautiful weather and blooming flowers that Spring brings! With thoughts of Spring picnics, Easter brunch and outdoor tea parties dancing in our heads, we’ve baked up these adorable Mini Lemon Flower Tarts!
These two-ingredient mini lemon tarts are super simple and make a stunning presentation for any Spring gathering. We’re loving them for Easter brunch but they would even be great for a baby or wedding shower too.
- 1 box Ready-to-Bake roll-out pie crusts
- 1 can lemon creme (We used a can of Duncan Hines lemon creme found in the baking section)
- powdered sugar, optional
- Set your pie crust out to become room temperature. Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Once your dough is room temp, roll it out and cut flower shapes out of it with this flower cookie cutter. 1 pie crust makes about 7 flowers, plan accordingly.
- Tuck each pie flower down into the mini cupcake pan, being sure to press them down into the bottom well and gently fold the petals back around the top of the cupcake pan.
- Give the bottom and sides a few pokes with a fork.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. 5 minutes was the sweet spot for me but your oven might be slightly different.
- Gently remove the flowers and let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
- Spoon the lemon creme into a plastic baggie and cut the tip off. Pipe the lemon creme into the centers of the mini flowers.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired before serving. I tilted my flowers so that the powdered sugar on got on the petals and not the pretty yellow filling.
These mini lemon tarts are almost too cute to eat! Enjoy!
Find more Easter inspiration!