3 Winter Beauty Essentials

Posted in Beauty Beat, Kid + Kin Picks, Style & Beauty
on January 11, 2017

I enjoy a good snowfall as much as the next girl – Hey, even my phone wallpaper is a snowflake! – but I do NOT like what winter weather does to my skin (or hair, for that matter). It’s important to switch up our winter beauty routine to combat the cool, dry air. We have you covered from head to toe with our Winter Beauty Essentials.

Kid + Kin Picks

Kid + Kin Picks Winter Beauty Essentials

FOR SKIN: Johnson’s Baby Oil Gel (from $6). Honestly, if forced to share only one winter beauty pick, this would be it. After every shower, I pat dry and lather this on and then let my skin dry completely. The Oil Gel formula is less messy and slippery than other body oils I’ve used, too, and that’s always a bonus. I used to reapply lotion multiple times a day to stop feeling itchy and uncomfortable, but this Oil Gel locks in moisture and I feel great after a quick layer of body lotion.

FOR FACE: L’Oreal Paris Hydra Nutrition Facial Oil ($18). I can tell a difference in my skin on the days when I don’t apply this facial oil in the morning. In  addition to hydrating skin with 8 essential oils, it adds a dewy glow – without looking greasy – that lasts all day long.

FOR HAIR: Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil ($9). Okay, I’ll be honest. My hair is not even remotely awesome. It’s old and dry and blah. BUT, I do not want to live in a world where I can’t use this Argan Oil on my hair. I mean, if it’s blah now, I don’t want to imagine it without this “penetrating oil” that strengthens and restores shine.

What are your winter beauty must haves?

31 Comments

• robin masshole mommy

That baby oil gel sounds awesome. I need to pick up a bottle so I can try it for myself.

January 11, 2017 at 5:42 pm Reply
  • karen

I flip back and forth from using a facial oil to not using one. Sometimes it responds well to my skin, sometimes its ick. But – I love the major moisturizing benefits to it and might go back and try it out again with your recommended products.

January 11, 2017 at 7:46 pm Reply
  • Divya @ Eat. Teach. Blog.

I’ve heard great things about argan oil and it’s benefits! I need to go out and get some!

January 12, 2017 at 12:52 am Reply
  • Terri Steffes

I have that very Argan oil and didn’t know what to do with it. I have frizzy dull hair. I am going to give it a try. Thanks!

January 12, 2017 at 1:27 am Reply
  • Heather L.

I’ve seen argan oil and castor oil recommended several times today. I may need to give them a try. My must have item is coconut oil. It’s good for so many things.

January 12, 2017 at 3:03 am Reply
  • Cynthia @craftoflaughter

Winter plays such havoc on my skin, my body is one big ashy flake! I sure need some hydrating oil!

January 12, 2017 at 4:01 am Reply
  • Debra

I’ve never used facial oil before, does it cause breakouts? I am always nervous to try something new because I don’t want to have my face breakout for two weeks.

January 12, 2017 at 4:51 am Reply
  • Silvia

The Moroccan oil is one of my favorite oils! Especially during the winter time when my skin can be a pain and be so dry! This is a great list!

January 12, 2017 at 4:54 am Reply
  • Kit Stanwood

This is great!! I’ve been using lotion for a long time now but I’ve been having some dry skin and it doesn’t soak as well. I’d really like to try to argan oil for hair! (: I can’t live without far lotion in the winter and lip scrubs!

January 12, 2017 at 5:05 am Reply
  • Kiwi

Im really into face oils now. Definitely moreso in the winter because my face stay super dry!

January 12, 2017 at 8:36 am Reply
  • Dawn McAlexander

Thanks for the info. I really need any help that I can get. Winter reeks havoc on my skin.

January 12, 2017 at 11:41 am Reply
  • Rachel

These sound great. I didn’t know that there was such a thing as a baby oil gel. I’ll have to check it out.

January 12, 2017 at 4:47 pm Reply
  • Jeanine

I need the Argan oil. Ever since having baby #7 I’ve had massive issues with my hair. Not only being frizzy and uncontrbale but also knotting and matting! its awful.

January 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm Reply
  • Anna nuttall

I love that Argan oil. Its divine. Thank you for this handy list and I will look into this more when I get home. xx

January 12, 2017 at 7:02 pm Reply
  • Marisa

I’ve been wanting to try the loreal hydration oil. . Their products always sit well with my dry skin. Thanks for sharing.

January 12, 2017 at 7:10 pm Reply
  • Kecia

I didn’t know they made a baby oil gel! I really need something for my dry skin this winter. I am going to pick up a bottle.

January 12, 2017 at 9:38 pm Reply
  • Logan

I’ll have to try Johnson’s baby oil gel! I haven’t been able to skate that itchy skin feeling this winter.

January 12, 2017 at 10:44 pm Reply
  • Brittany

I have a huge bottle of Johnson Baby Oil but I’ve never used it on myself. I’m going to start doing that immediately!

January 13, 2017 at 3:36 am Reply
  • Courteney Noonan

I’ve heard so many good things about the Organix argon oil! I’m thinking of giving it a try. My hair needs all the help it can get, especially in winter.

January 13, 2017 at 1:59 pm Reply
  • Reesa Lewandowski

I have always wanted to try that shampoo and just never splurge on it!! The baby oil is a favorite of mine after I shave my legs!

January 13, 2017 at 2:52 pm Reply
  • Brittany

I was seriously just telling my girlfriend that I’m dying to do a Moroccan oil treatment this year! My hair is pretty dry from all the times I’ve dyed it and it needs some love!

January 13, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reply
  • Megan McCoig

I love Argan Oil! I’ve been using the New Dove body wash Range which is formulated with this and I love it. It makes my skin so soft! A facial oil is my must have for winter!

January 13, 2017 at 10:03 pm Reply
  • Jazz

I am not a fan of the baby oil gel (not sure why) but I definitely agree with the need for more intense hydration in the winter. Our poor hair and skin needs it!

January 14, 2017 at 2:59 am Reply
  • Debbie-jean Lemonte

I love baby oil gel. I remember I used to mix it with my lotion during winter time. My current winter essentials for skin, face, and hair are coconut and black castor oils.

January 15, 2017 at 5:06 am Reply
  • terri

In winter its so essential to keep your skin AND you hair hydrated. I love using oil on my hair when its gets dry to put some life back into it.

January 15, 2017 at 10:50 am Reply
  • Katya | Style Sprinter

I agree that argan oil is essential for winter! I love using it not only on my hair, but also in my skincare routine! Add a few drops of oil into your body butter and here comes a super hydrating cream!

January 15, 2017 at 6:37 pm Reply
  • HilLesha

Winter normally doesn’t wreck havoc on my skin, but it has been this winter! Coconut oil has been saving my skin lately.

January 15, 2017 at 8:16 pm Reply
  • Adaleta Avdic

I definitely incorporate a lot of oils and hydrating elements when it’s cold, and frosty! It helps to moisturize every part of the body, and I love that your recommendations are targeted for each part! xx Adaleta Avdic

January 16, 2017 at 5:32 pm Reply
  • Carolyn

I am nervous to try facial oil but I have super dry skin so I would probably love it. I’ll have to check this brand out.

January 16, 2017 at 8:05 pm Reply
  • Jessica

Great list thanks for sharing. I love argan oil I find it works wonders on my hair. Think this list could really d beneficial.

January 17, 2017 at 2:16 pm Reply
  • Spring Beauty Essentials - Kid + Kin

[…] you’re stocking up, check out our 3 Winter Beauty Essentials that you’ll love so much you may use them year […]

May 10, 2017 at 2:03 pm Reply